While we work on the next steps for the wider programme, we need to make a start now on moving more people with fewer vehicles.
We are working to improve walking, cycling and public transport and give people more choices about how they get around.
Our priorities in the early delivery programme are:
- Making travel by bus to and through the central city faster and more reliable, and
- Creating a better environment for people walking and on bikes.
The key elements of the early delivery programme will be:
- Golden Mile
- Central City Safer Speeds
- Thorndon Quay/Hutt Road
- Cobham Drive crossing
- State Highway Safer Speeds
- Central City Walking Improvements