As we complete work on our recommended programme to help the city and the region’s development and transport future, we want people to know just how important their engagement is and how it is helping to shape the project.
The feedback from our public engagement in Nov-Dec 2017 identified nine key themes:
- Support for better public transport: now and long-term
- Universal support for less congestion
- Widespread support for walking and cycling
- Opposition to new infrastructure increasing car use
- A regional, integrated approach is required
- It is time to act, while being mindful of cost
- Future-proofed solutions are needed
- Basin traffic flow issues need solving: no clear view
- Wellington-specific solutions are required
This summary explains how LGWM will reflect these themes in our recommended programme.