Let's Get Wellington Moving
At its heart, the programme seeks to deliver a multi-modal transport system that moves more people, goods and services reliably, with fewer vehicles. Mass transit will be a core element of our programme.
We will investigate and design a mass transit system to connect the railway station with the Hospital, Newtown, Miramar and the Airport.
Mass transit will improve travel choice through the city with attractive public transport on a second spine along the waterfront quays. Mass transit will help shape a more compact and sustainable city and region.
Mass transit will be part of the wider public transport network, with:
- High frequency services (every 10 minutes or less)
- Modern, high capacity electric vehicles with superior ride quality
- Fast loading and unloading
- Dedicated lanes with signal priority
- High quality stations with level boarding