It’s an exciting time at Let’s Get Wellington Moving as we finalise designs for Golden Mile, progress Thorndon Quay designs, and start engagement on projects that will move more people with fewer cars to create a more liveable and sustainable city.
This November, we’re engaging on these projects and more, so let’s get moving, Wellington! We’d love to hear from you.
What we're engaging on:
We are looking at improvements for people who walk, ride bikes or scooters, or take the bus between Johnsonville and the city through Ngā Ūranga Gorge. We have also identified some improvements around the Johnsonville Triangle which will make journeys safer and more efficient for people riding bikes, catching a bus, and walking.
Before we make some key decisions on our thinking and develop options any further we would very much like your feedback on our ideas and also hear about your walking, cycling, bus travel, and driving experiences in this area
Check out our displays at the Waitohi Hub and Collective Community Hub.
Find out more about this project here.
Or you can download and print out our survey below if you'd prefer to email or freepost it to us
Feedback closes at 11:59 pm on 28 November 2022.
- Waitohi Hub Drop-in Session: Saturday 12 November, 9 am–12 pm
- Facebook Live: Wednesday 16 November, 7 pm
During our previous engagement we heard that the public want: increased safety for everyone, improved bus priority and reliability, better walking and cycling facilities and a more attractive street environment.
We’d like your feedback on:
- the designs to help finalise what it will look like,
- changes to speed limits on Thorndon Quay, and
- traffic resolutions for a variety of traffic and parking changes from Bunny Street, through Thorndon Quay and up to the Aotea Quay overbridge
Feedback closes at 11:59 pm on Friday 9 December 2022
- iRide Café - 242 Thorndon Quay: Saturday 19 November, 2 pm - 4 pm
- Sipriana Café Capital Gateway: 34 Thorndon Quay, Thursday 1 December, 3 pm – 6:30 pm
- Facebook live: Wednesday 30 November, 7 pm
We will notify property owners and businesses along the Golden Mile when we are seeking feedback on traffic resolutions. We appreciate your patience with this delay.
Find out more about our project here