To develop a transport system for the future, we bring together local government, transport expertise and mana whenua perspectives.
Bringing together our programme partners
Let’s Get Wellington Moving is a joint initiative between:
- Wellington City Council (WCC)
- Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC), and
- Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency.
These organisations are supported by our mana whenua partners Taranaki Whānui ki Te Upoko o Te Ika and Ngāti Toa Rangatira.
Our role is to provide a way to work together, so the decisions we make are balanced and consider what else is going on in the city and region. As a group, we discuss each project, agree the best way forward and make sure it's delivered.
Our focus is the area from Ngā Ūranga Gorge to Miramar including the Wellington Urban Motorway, access to the port, and connections to the central city, Wellington Hospital, and the airport. It includes all the ways we get to and around our city, and how the city develops alongside its transport system.
How we work together
We work with our programme partners through our Governance Reference Group and Partnership Board.
Governance Reference Group
The Governance Reference Group (GRG) makes sure voices and views from all three programme partners and local iwi are represented equally. They also provide advice to our Partnership Board about each project.
The members of the Governance Reference Group are:
- Roger Blakeley, GWRC Councillor
- Sarah Free, WCC Deputy Mayor
- Andy Foster, WCC Mayor
- Daran Ponter, GWRC Councillor and Chair (GRG Chair)
- Nicole Rosie, Waka Kotahi Chief Executive
- Kirsty Tamanui, Port Nicholson Block Settlement Trust General Manager
- Helmut Modlik, Te Rūnanga o Toa Rangatira Chief Executive
Partnership Board and Programme Director
Let's Get Wellington Moving is overseen and directed by the Partnership Board. Ultimately responsible for the success of the programme, the Board takes advice from the Governance Reference Group to inform and make decisions.
The members of the Partnership Board are:
- Dave Brash, Independent Chair
- Nigel Corry, GWRC Chief Executive
- Robyn Elston, Waka Kotahi National Manager System Design
- Brett Gliddon, Waka Kotahi General Manager Transport Services
- Sara Hay, WCC Chief Financial Officer
- Barbara McKerrow, WCC Chief Executive
- Luke Troy, GWRC General Manager Strategy
The Board appointed David Dunlop as Acting Programme Director for Let's Get Wellington Moving.
It is important our programme and all projects consider mana whenua perspectives and support broader iwi engagement.
To make sure their rights and interests shape our work, local representatives participate in the governance of our programme and are consulted through our Iwi Working Group.
Iwi Working Group
The members of the Iwi Partnerships Working Group are:
- Peter Jackson – Taranaki Whānui ki te Upoko o te Ika
- Ihaia Puketapu – Taranaki Whānui ki te Upoko o te Ika
- Pekaira Rei – Taranaki Whānui ki te Upoko o te Ika
- Leslie Brown - supporting Taranaki Whānui ki te Upoko o te Ika as a representative of Te Aro Pā Trust
- Natalia Repia – Ngāti Toa Rangatira