Let's Get Wellington Moving
Let’s Get Wellington Moving is a joint initiative between Wellington City Council, Greater Wellington Regional Council, and Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency.
Our focus is the area from Ngauranga Gorge to Miramar including the Wellington Urban Motorway, access to the port, and connections to the central city, Wellington Hospital, and the airport. It includes all the ways we get to and around our city, and how the city develops alongside its transport system.
Since 2016 over 10,000 people and 75 stakeholder groups have provided input on Wellington’s transport challenges and opportunities. The community’s message is clear: we need to move more people with fewer vehicles.
Our plan reflects your aspirations for the city’s future.
We’re starting to develop the detail for our plan, and design and implement the projects that will change our city. Join us on this exciting journey and help shape Wellington’s future.
How we work
The programme partners retain their individual decision-making powers but work together through Let's Get Wellington Moving. To assist this, the Let's Get Wellington Moving Governance Group provides a critical interface between the three partners at the governance level and provides advice to the programme.
Governance Reference Group Members are:
- Roger Blakeley, GWRC Councillor
- Sarah Free, WCC Deputy Mayor
- Andy Foster, WCC Mayor
- Daran Ponter, GWRC Councillor and Chair (GRG Chair)
- Sir Brian Roche, Waka Kotahi Chair
- Nicole Rosie, Waka Kotahi Chief Executive
- Kirsty Tamanui, Port Nicholson Block Settlement Trust General Manager
- Helmut Modlik, Te Rūnanga o Toa Rangatira Chief Executive
Let's Get Wellington Moving is overseen and directed by the Partnership Board which is ultimately accountable for the programme. The members of the Partnership Board are:
- Dave Brash, Independent Chair
- Greg Campbell, GWRC Chief Executive
- Robyn Elston, Waka Kotahi Senior Manager Design Customer Services
- Brett Gliddon, Waka Kotahi General Manager Transport Services
- Sarah Hay, WCC Chief Financial Officer
- Barbara McKerrow, WCC Chief Executive
- Luke Troy, GWRC General Manager Strategy
The Let's Get Wellington Moving Acting Programme Director, David Dunlop, and Three Year Programme Director, Siobhan Procter, are appointed by the Partnership Board, and are responsible for delivering the programme.
The programme directors are supported by a team drawn from the partner organisations and specialist consultants.